Prescriptions & Medications
Electronic Prescription Service
This practice uses the Electronic Prescription Service. This means that for most patients we can send your prescription directly to your chosen pharmacy. You do not have to come down to the Practice to collect your prescription. For more information please click here. Please note: you should allow 2 working days for you medication to be ready at your pharmacy. To nominate a pharmacy or change your nomination, please call reception or use the NHS App.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month Prescription Prepayment Certificate (PPC): £105.90
- 3-month Prescription Prepayment Certificate: £29.65
If you have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Buy a Prescription Prepayment Certificate here.
- Telephone advice and order line: 0845 850 0030
Prescription Charge Exemptions
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes. This includes:
- Those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- Those who are age exempt
- Those with certain medical conditions
Find out here if you are entitled to free prescriptions.